Monday, September 5, 2011

Freeformer Dreadlocked African American Women


I just wanted to say how happy I am to see more African American women embrassing their natural selves through freeform dreadlocks. I have been wearing mine for 14yrs now and never thought in the beginning of my journey to document it. In a previous post I showed photos of myself before the journey but no month by month or week by week kinda update.
It seems to have also brought awareness to many African American women to take part in a healthier way of living in general I have noticed. I smile everytime I see another freeformer blog because where I live I never see any freeforming women just manicured locs. I am not coming down on the manicured locs it's just not my cup of tea.
I am enjoying the freedom of getting up and not doing anything with my hair accept for washing and go.
I am currently still doing a rosemary/mint/sage rinse on my dreads which I have been doing way back in 2000. I thought of doing it from reading one of my herb books that talk about which herbs are good of the hair. I grow my own herbs to use in my rinse and I collected some fresh horsetail from the river a few days ago to add to my rinse. Horsetail is suppose to be good for strengthen hair and helping with hair growth as well.
I 'll share more on this once my finger heals. I had an incident with my ring finger where it got so swollen I had to have a jeweler cut it off. Anyway happy freeforming all and if anyone has any question for me feel free to ask.
Brightest Blessings
Trina
P.S. The photos is of me at the ocean. About a week ago me and my family went camping at our favorite campsite in Fort Bragg. The ocean air is great for locks!

1 comment: