Wednesday, September 14, 2011

FreeFormed Dreads Are Free


If you are thinking of going the natural route when it comes to dreadlocks there is no easier way than freeforming.
In my opinion it is the greatest way to give you hair and scalp a permanent rest from all of the manipulation it has been through in the past.
I suggest keeping things simple.
I decided to go back to only using my rosemary,sage,peppermint rinse and forego the any soaps or shampoos or baking soda rinses. Or vinegar rinses.
My dreads just feel better and stronger. If I can harvest some from the river I add horsetail as well.
I have also learned that I don't need oils. I tried olive oil a long time ago and it left a stinky smell on my scalp and hair. I tried the jojoba oil and it left a stinky smell in my dreads. When I don't use oils I have no stinky smell and my dreads feel great without them.
I make sure to let them air dry completely during the summer. So I spend lot of time in the sun. During the long winter months I like to use my big fan to blow them dry.
This works for me but I am not saying it will work for you.
Freeformed dreads are sometimes seperate but I don't seperate mine. I let them congo and marry each other all over my head.
The hairstyle for me was free. I didn't go to a salon to work on it because nature only needs simple things. Air, water,sun,and healthy nutrition.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Trina I asked a question down below but, forgot to ask what does the rosemary, sage and mint do for the hair? I tried it, I use it everyday because I sweat so much. Plus Texas is dry where I am at sand blowing from the west Texas right now so hair is getting dry faster than normal. Any I was using dreadheadhq soap until I read your blog and watched cupidvalentio1 video. He does have great video although some of what he said is out there. Any try the rinse just don't know what it suppose to do my head itches like crazy I am hoping that it is just getting use to something new. this happens very now and then. Any found fresh rosemary, sage and mint leaves. I used 8 cups of water and 2 sprigs of each hope that is right if not need to know. I am going to try ginseng because when I was stationed in Korea my Korean beautician used ginseng in my hair and it grew like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Thank you Alfina for leaving a comment here.
    The Rosemary plant is good for strong hair growth,eczema,psoriasis,dandruff,and can add red tones to the dreads after perlonged use.

    The peppermint gives your scalp an cooling feeling to soothe itchy scalp. If it is used strong enough it can deep clean dreads very well in my own personal experience. And it smells heavenly! You can say all of the herbs are aromatherapeutic as well and giving special benefits to the health of our locks.

    The Sage can gradually turn your hair darker and darker. It is great cleanser to the dreads. Even more so than anything that I have ever use on my dreads in all of the years I have had them.

    Horsetail is a herb I use in my rinses when I can harvest it by the river. The are green sticks with brown lines on them. Horsetail helps with hair growth. Because of its high amounts of silica.

    I never tried ginseng for my hair but I do drink ginseng tea every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info. I have been using sage, rosemary and ginseng root in my hair for about a month in half now it feels great plus I like the smell. When I was station in Korea for 2 years my hair dresser used ginseng in hair every week. my hair grow so much that I had to cut it or put it up because of the uniform. Hair not allow below the collar. Plus we could not have dreads so my dreads are very short. Any way you know where I can get horsetail root? And is it okay to raise your hair everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about the root. I just use the stalks in my hair rinse. You could possibly find it at a health food store. I pick mine fresh from the river nearby.

    If by raisng your hair you mean putting up in ponytails or whatever well I only put them up when I am going to take a shower and or a bath and don't want them to get wet. The rest of the time I like for my dreads to hand free.
    I like to wear crocheted hats from time to time. But most of the time my dreads are hanging down because I don't think the pulling an tugging of wearing them up all the time is good for my scalp.
    I keep things simple when it comes to my locks and that is what keeps them healthy.

    ReplyDelete