Thursday, April 18, 2019

You Look Like Whoopi Goldberg

On my dreadlock journey I have been compared to one big time celebrity whom I don't like very much out there in Hollyweird.  That one celebrity is Whoopi Goldberg.  I feel as though I look nothing like Whoopi Goldberg and I don't feel as though my views on the world are the same as hers. I draw this conclusion from the documentary she hosted that I found on youtube.  I tried looking for the documentary on Youtube again so that I could show you all what I mean but it is no longer on Youtube.  I saw this documentary probably about 4yrs. ago.

The documentary that I saw all those years ago was about the mami figure in the old Tom and Jerry cartoons.  Within the documentary Whoopi Goldberg was making it seem like the character of the mami in Tom and Jerry was a monumental figure in history. I totally and completely disagree for several reasons that I would hope is obvious to one and all.  Now all that I can find is a video on Youtube showing that Whoopi Goldberg was allowed to put a warning label on the old Tom and Jerry cartoons with the offensive mami figure.  So first she glorifies the mami in the old Tom and Jerry cartoons and then she shuns it.  This bitch is whack for sure! And anyone who idolizes her needs their heads seriously examined.

I can't believe that people are still so entranced by her and her false representation of a someone who is trying to stick up for black people on this planet.  Just because she is a black woman with dreadlocks does not mean that she is highly evolved in any way whatsoever. People become so hypnotized by these Hollyweird stars and especially ones that are assumed to be spiritually grounded and  connected to what is really important on this planet.  I don't suggest that anyone look to celebrities as an example for how to be in this world.  We need to stop making all of these Hollyweird stars into Gods and Goddesses.


That is why I always emphasize that when you decide to embark upon a dreadlock journey let it be for you and not because some famous Hollyweird celebrity has dreadlocks and you want to look just like that person.And how do you even know that the dreadlocks on Whoopi Goldberg's heard are her own dreadlocks.  I could really care less if they are or not.  What concerns me is that little girls and young women look up to this lady and want to be and look just like her.

What would said little girl or young woman do if Whoopi decides to cut her locks off and shave her head.  Will we see a trend among black women sporting a bald head or a twa(teeny weeny afro) even?

So I leave you with a Youtube video I was able to find with Whoopi Goldberg and her warning about Mami two shoes and the racism within.  I do find many old school cartoons blatantly racist.  It is no surprise to me that Whoopi Goldberg is trying to make herself look like a saint once again and that documentary that I saw all of those years ago has vanished.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDfEbnDeqpI

No comments:

Post a Comment